Sunday, August 21, 2011

Liberty

Liberty is part of my childhood and adult hood (when I was 11 I was bridesmaid and my whole dress was made of traditional Liberty fabric, but that's another story).

A department store that I have always loved and shopped at. Well looked around mostly since it's a little expensive to buy stuff every weekend. Since Yasmin Sewell took over the buying of fashion a few years ago, this area has hugely improved. Fresh, exciting new designers flooded in. The kind that makes you hold your breath in awe.

How disappointed was I yesterday on a visit to see it looking a bit blah. There has been some major shifts around of areas in the store. It feels a little confused, over packed and uninspiring. My main beef is they have now shifted a lot of the interesting designers to the 2nd floor to make space for average more affordable designers on the 1st floor. I'm assuming this is for commercial reasons. Some how by the time you get  to the 2nd floor you're feeling a little jaded to get really excited.

The interesting designers are still there but they feel harder to find. I guess it made be realise just how important presentation is and that even fantastic clothes need a helping hand to make them lust worthy. Even the buying seemed a little out - case in pint Acne.

Great commercial label yet key piece were missing from the selection ( I checked this with assistant).

Maybe this is because we're in between seasons. Well I hope so. I'll go back and see if anythings changed. I then went next door to CoS and in 5 minutes was more inspired by their collection. Go CoS!

If I had money (and was thin) I would buy from CoS the acid yellow jumper and leather skirt. I wish!

www.cosstores.com

EDIT. Sorry for the crap grammar, I'm trying folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment